• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that they still have the problems that they had last year.   No real leader.   Both Kawhi and PG are secondary star players.  Two Pippens.  They will need some good fortune to win the CHIP.

On a brighter note...

The Suns won today!!!  I would Love to see Suns in 6.

They've been defending Dallas way better than the first 2 games. Guess they realized that no-one aside from Jalen Brunson, THJ, and Luka can put the ball on the floor and attack the rim.

They're attacking closeouts hard and hedging and recovering off of Luka's pnr and doing solid in keeping him out of his spots in the paint. If he makes those long step back threes with a hand in his face you tip your hat. That Smll Ball lineup got 4 guys that can matchup with Luka well physically. Batum, Morris, George and Leonard and Kristaps is too soft too take advantage of them being smaler then him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timebomb said:

I’m not looking for easy thumbs and what not just remember what city you live in. Braves last year up 3-1 in the NLCS and lost. Atlanta doesn’t lose.. we lose dramatically and embarrassed. 28-3 ect. 
We need to be aggressive and with it and not okay with what we’ve done. We should’ve swept this series period. Game two was on Nate.

Sixers are going to sweep Washington and we need to finish the Knicks in five.

I like the match up against the Sixers. 

How so? Been looking for some analysis on this

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yeaaaah, I was a bit shocked that comment was even uttered. 

I can understand calling PG13 a secondary player. He couldn't carry Indy or OKC. You surround Leonard with tough, complimentary players and he's back in the Conference Finals on either coast. Every team in the Eastern Conference except for the Raptors is glad he left for LA.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, hawkman said:

I have to disagree with that. Kawhi is absolutely not a secondary player. 

When I said they have 2 secondary star players...I'm talking about NO ALPHA.  I followed it by saying 2 Pippens.  If you don't know Pippen was a Beast but Pippen was not an ALPHA either.   The Bulls had the ALPHA in Jordan... A guy who would never ever let his team lose.   A guy who would go balls to the wall every play to make sure that they got the W.   Kawhi did great in Toronto but he's not an Alpha.  That was proven in the Dome last year.   That was proven by his refusal to play in San Antonio. There is a Jordan Flu Game because Jordan was an Alpha.   There was a Jordan Busted Shoe game because Jordan was an Alpha.   There is a Pippen Migrane game because Pippen was not an Alpha.   When you look at Kawhi... He plays great.  But Put him Next to Jordan.  Does he deserve to be in that Picture??  Now put him next to Pippen....  Doesn't he look comfortable?

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When I said they have 2 secondary star players...I'm talking about NO ALPHA.  I followed it by saying 2 Pippens.  If you don't know Pippen was a Beast but Pippen was not an ALPHA either.   The Bulls had the ALPHA in Jordan... A guy who would never ever let his team lose.   A guy who would go balls to the wall every play to make sure that they got the W.   Kawhi did great in Toronto but he's not an Alpha.  That was proven in the Dome last year.   That was proven by his refusal to play in San Antonio. There is a Jordan Flu Game because Jordan was an Alpha.   There was a Jordan Busted Shoe game because Jordan was an Alpha.   There is a Pippen Migrane game because Pippen was not an Alpha.   When you look at Kawhi... He plays great.  But Put him Next to Jordan.  Does he deserve to be in that Picture??  Now put him next to Pippen....  Doesn't he look comfortable?

This is dumb. Kawhi is literally the closest player I've seen to MJ. Saying he's not an alpha is false and it's not even the worst thing you said. The Bron HGH takes the cake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is dumb. Kawhi is literally the closest player I've seen to MJ. Saying he's not an alpha is false and it's not even the worst thing you said. The Bron HGH takes the cake.

Saying Kawhi and MJ in the same sentence is laughable.   Kawhi is a great player but ask yourself... If Jordan was leading the Clippers last year in the dome... Do you think that there's any way that the Clipps lose to Denver?  In the closeout game against Denver, Kawhi - 14 points?  How does that say Jordan to you?

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Saying Kawhi and MJ in the same sentence is laughable.   Kawhi is a great player but ask yourself... If Jordan was leading the Clippers last year in the dome... Do you think that there's any way that the Clipps lose to Denver?  In the closeout game against Denver, Kawhi - 14 points?  How does that say Jordan to you?

I would’ve agreed with your sentiment before Kawhi won in Toronto. That championship run kind of kills your argument. He willed them to a ring..

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

[Avoid the insults - AHF] You act as if Leonard doesn't have two titles and two Finals MVP willing Toronto of all teams against the Warriors to a title. 

Even MJ speaks praises of Leonard. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

How so? Been looking for some analysis on this

Well first despite the Sixers having a bunch of guards Simmons Curry Hill Thybulle none of them can guard Trae. I’m guessing we guard Harris similar to how we are Randle. We have Hunter to neutralize Simmons and we have to attack Embiid offensively with our bigs and make him work on both sides of the floor. Let’s take care of game 5 but yeah I like the matchup with the Sixers.

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, terrell said:

You didnt give shit..lol

If youre a LBJ hater just say so...

And my dad died from covid so I know its real..smdh

On LBJ, he is on my list of guys who I would not blink if video emerged of him taking performance enhancers.  Some of the people around him have been associated with it.  He had the strange trips to Miami even after leaving there which was a hot bed for it.  He has the larger than life physical characteristics.  But is there definitive proof?  Absolutely not.  If a prosecutor had to go after some of these guys, he or she would never ever get a conviction on LeBron based on the evidence that has gone public and it is very unlikely that a grand jury would even indict.  Bonds ended up with a conviction but even he had the jury hung on a couple of charges (all it takes is one star struck jury member who doesn't want to convict) and the evidence on Bonds was overwhelming by comparison.  Anything on LeBron requires assumptions and inferences to reach a conclusion that he has definitely juiced (or that he has definitely not juiced).

On the more important item, just didn't want to let the loss of your dad slide by in this thread.  Way too many Americans have died due to Covid over the last year or so and I hate it that you are one of the people who has lost a loved one.  I'd like to think maybe he is looking down and enjoying this series with you.  :sad: