• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

16 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

He was averaging 15 FTs per game, tonight 4 FTs.  The shift happened after a few public stories came out questioning how he was drawing cheap fouls.  

I think Trae changed and the publicity got to him.  Just my opinion.  

I doubt it.  Trae dont care..lol

• Thanks 3

Wow, fantastic effort against one of the Eastern Conference favourites. Two games, we lost one by a close margin with unbelievable percentages from his bench, Shamet and Prince, and won the second easily even though we had a bad game from Trae and key injuries in Gallo, Rondo and Okongwu. Our 2nd unit got the revenge today and finnally we were on single digit TO. There are a lot of positive things with already 5 games in the season.

We are the best offense on the league, the best at FT line, the third best 3pt shooting team, the 2nd best rebounding team and surprisingly the 10th in TO. This is ridicously good considering where we were last season.

Of course we need to improve defense, we are top 10 of worst defensive teams although we are one of the best 7 teams on opponent shooting percentage, best defense is Philadelphia and BKN. We are also top 8 on worst defense on Point per possesion, something I am failing to understand, how we are 22nd on opponnet points per possesion and 7th in opponnent shooting percentage.

Overall is fair to assume we cannot keep our offense the way it is but it will be really improved this year. Hunter, Young and Collins are making a good year and we will have good contributions from Bogi, Gallo, Capela, Rondo, Huerter and Cam but not consistently as we are extremely deep. On defense we have shown good improvement thanks to contribution from Hunter, Cam and overall team effort but we need to continue improving. Capela's presence need to be noticed and I expect Okongwu to give some help as season goes on. If Collins and Trae can sustain their level of effort on defense, I think the goal should be to be an average team and I think we can get it. We will have bad games on defense every now and then but the effort yesterday against BKN give me hope we can also get some good defense games.

With a top 8 offense and average defense we should be a playoff team, I am not expecting 60 wins as someone was suggesting, we are going to have some ugly losses but I expect us to be an above ,500 win team and that is huge considering how young we are. In a year or two if we can keep the team together we could be serious contenders, we are not there yet, enjoy the ride, is going to be fun.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3