• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae, unfortunately is kinda a streaky scorer, and just honestly is not the most efficient guy. Dont expect any 50/40/90 seasons in Trae's career. More like 42/36/86. Can you win big with a not so efficient guy as your best player? I'm not sure, but hopefully he can get hot in the playoffs. He can go nuclear, which is wonderful on those occasions, but ice trae was ice cold. 

He's been scuffing with injuries, I think he can be and will be more efficient. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Solo keeps it real.

I'll give Solo this.   He is a great in interviews and talks about the NBA game so well, that he may end up being a coach after he's finished playing. 

If he consistently shot even 50% of the way he did tonight, I wouldn't have any problem with him as a backup wing.  The biggest issue is that he's still too small to guard the 4 spot on a nightly basis.  And his lack of size and athleticism kills us when we need a 2nd rebounder alongside Capela.

• Like 2

Color me unimpressed by the Bucks.  Good job having the Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, and Bulls in your division to help boost your record.

If we had our full compliment of guys ... heyul, if we just had Jollins, we win these matchups with them.  Super frustrating watching us throwing rocks in these gunfights.

Don't @ me.  I've earned a sour-grapey post every once in a while.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I've realized they are not analysts but retards

Yeah, I fell off the PC wagon with TNT years ago. Strictly biased entertainment with precious little accuracy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Louis gave less than nothing if you’re going by his ridiculous +/- of -27.

Can’t really fault Trae too much, he didn’t force his offense just missed a lot of ridiculous bunnies.  Can’t follow this narrative that he should have sat out either.  This board has been railing against the training staff to the point of wanting them completely replaced because of guys missing games and worrying that the missing players won’t have enough time to gel but then Trae comes back and it’s “he should sit until he’s 100%”

Spot on - all this^

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They need to get their asses back. Rub some dirt on it and get out there. 

Trae did that and you saw what that looked liked. To @MaceCase point above.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They need to get their asses back. Rub some dirt on it and get out there. 

How do you rub dirt ... on your ligaments? 🤔

And what's bleachk gonna say if they "rub dirt on it", play, then it turns into something more serious? 🤔

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

He can play.  Just needs time.

Is there a more recurrent theme of threads this season? I mean, applied to multiple players.

It's at least on the list of nominations.

• Premium Member

As fans, it's hard not to see the results, see the injury list, and see the 2021 playoffs over the horizon and think... "dang, we might just do some damage."

But try not to let yourself get too upset as you see this team falls short, remembering that if the front office was of the same mind as us fans, they would have made at least one more move to add a vet big... they didn't... and zooming out to the big picture, arguably, that was the right decision... and... that's all to set-up support for the conclusion, no matter what happens the rest of this season... be at peace, don't stress... remember it's not about 2021, but rather, 2022.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Maybe I'm just getting hung up on the word "efficiency" but, I have to just laugh every time I see some of y'all say this.  Among the top 50 scorers in the NBA, Trae is 16th in efficiency, ahead of guys like LBJ, Luka, Paul George, and Anthony Davis.   

I know you are just saying he doesn't shoot for a high %, but I hope you know there's more to efficiency than just shooting %.  

No offense, but are you just making this up? Show me how you come to that conclusion. 

I'm assuming you must be using TS% as opposed to eFG% because TS% takes free throws into account, which benefits Trae. So lets compare TS% on the season.

Trae Young-58.3

LeBron James- 60.5

Luka Doncic- 59.4

Paul George -61.5

Anthony Davis-58.8

I cant find one legit star Trae is more efficient than, he is ahead of some other small guards that are borderline stars like Sexton and Morant. He is also ahead of Donovan Mitchell, arguably a star I guess.

And if you're using eFG%. Trae's .495 is strait up bad. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Color me unimpressed by the Bucks.  Good job having the Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, and Bulls in your division to help boost your record.

If we had our full compliment of guys ... heyul, if we just had Jollins, we win these matchups with them.  Super frustrating watching us throwing rocks in these gunfights.

Don't @ me.  I've earned a sour-grapey post every once in a while.

Last time we played them JC and Dre hung 30 apiece on their heads. That was without Trae Clint or Bogi. 
They not trying to see us at full strength. I want them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Last time we played them JC and Dre hung 30 apiece on their heads. That was without Trae Clint or Bogi. 
They not trying to see us at full strength. I want them 

Let's face it.  If Trae hits these 'easy' floaters that he usually makes then we win this game.   Bucks need to worry that they barely beat a Solo/Bogi led team.  Our 4 man bench rotation of Lou, Knight, BG, and OO was really awful.  although OO was ok i guess.  

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Trae must've known something the other day. Welcome to the A, Double-A!

~rwtd

Did you see this gal's hi lights?  WOW!  She brings excitement to the Dream!  Explosive, TNT package!  Excited to get to watch our new Dream team.  Thanks for sharing!!

:wub:

• Like 2