• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Can we extend A’Capella until he’s 30, today? 😳

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

And re-sign Snell for whatever it takes.

And switch Nate from “interim” to official 👏 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shout out to Huerter- he had 2 big offensive rebounds in the late 4th that gave us 2nd chance 6 points and a block on the other end.

Yo that block shocked me, i raised out of my chair a bit lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We kinda have a big problem when Cam gets healthy.

Snell CAN'T go back to the bench.  You almost have to start him, even if you reduce his minutes.  His defense isn't as good as Cam's, but his shooting is 10x better, and he doesn't make mistakes.  He's the type of knockdown shooter that Trae needs to pass to.

Bogi and Huerter are going to play.  So i guess Cam takes Solo's minutes?

And when Hunter comes back, the minutes get even shorter for the wings.

But never mind all of that. 

WE just won 2 games in a row.

I think we'll see a big trade before the deadline that frees up some minutes but i could be wrong.  

• Premium Member

What a win. I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter but Bawb woke me up with his "TIPPED AWAAAAAY!!! BALL GAME!" 

It's very nice to see the new 4th quarter Hawks instead of the 4th quarter chokers we had under Pierce. Very impressive 3-point shooting to come back FTW. 

🤩👏👏👏💯

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

TJ McConnell with the rare steals triple double. Why didnt we sign him again? 

Some liberal clowns could probably complain that we had too many white guys on the team and accuse the organization of denying opportunities to people of color!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Glad to see the love for Snell.   Folks were treating him badly here early in the season.  Like he was Rondo or something :).  

Snell's d on mcw changed the game.  He's just a good basketball player and has been for years.   It shouldn't be shocking.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sorry if already posted... too lazy frankly to read, so maybe it's been said...

The real celebration will be truly justified when we get a grinder win after Trae doesn't contribute anything to the win in the 4th quarter.

That didn't apply last night. And that consistently has applied to the games when the coach was LP and the team couldn't grind out a win that they should have.

So. Just sayin. Happy for the win, even though it spoiled my 15-21 prediction by a game. Happy for the enthusiasm and the wind behind NM and the team as we go into the break. But being one to insist on balanced, critical thought, some temperance seems appropriate.

And lest anyone misunderstand... the point of me saying so?

Would be that until proven otherwise, the key is Trae's successful or unsuccessful contribution in the 4th...

As opposed to who is the head coach on the bench in the 4th.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sorry if already posted... too lazy frankly to read, so maybe it's been said...

The real celebration will be truly justified when we get a grinder win after Trae doesn't contribute anything to the win in the 4th quarter.

That didn't apply last night. And that consistently has applied to the games when the coach was LP and the team couldn't grind out a win that they should have.

So. Just sayin. Happy for the win, even though it spoiled my 15-21 prediction by a game. Happy for the enthusiasm and the wind behind NM and the team as we go into the break. But being one to insist on balanced, critical thought, some temperance seems appropriate.

Agree here.  True TEAM growth will be evident when the Hawks no longer NEED Trae to go off for them to win.  That requires EITHER consistently better defense OR another player taking on more of the playmaking role so as to alleviate the size of the burden on Trae. 

I've thought all season this would happen with Hunter and when Hunter returns, but the last few games have given me some semblance of hope that it COULD happen through improved team defense.  And if Nate turns this squad - sans Dre - into a Top 10 defense he'll be a true miracle worker, imo.  

As it stands today, Hawks are 10-0 when Trae scores 32 pts and 6-20 when he scores less than 32.  

• Like 1